Milton Township's Clerk
Duties of the Clerk
Yadav "Nick" Nathwani
The Clerk is keeper of the Township records, the local election authority, and is responsible for publishing notices. The Clerk is a non-voting member of the Township Board of Trustees. However, the Clerk is entitled to cast one vote in the case of a tie vote to fill a vacancy in a Township office. The Clerk is to keep minutes of the proceedings of all township meetings. The Clerk may administer oaths and take affidavits in all cases required by law to be administered or taken by township officials.
Dedicated Public Servant
- CFO, Jacob & Hefner engineering firm
- Chief Financial Officer, Professional Paving & Concrete
- Community Bank Wheaton/Glen Ellyn
- Volunteer, graduate, InfraGard
- Graduate, FBI Citizens Academy
- Member, FBI’s Multicultural Advisory Council
Board Member, Glenbard District 87
- Steered the district during difficult financial times and transformed the leadership team.
Trustee, Milton Township Board since 2013
- Reduced costs and worked with departments to prioritize technology which reduced headcount.
- Created an excess reserve balance for Milton Township’s food pantry.
Illinois Senator (November 2018 to January 2019, completing the term of the Chris Nybo)
- First Indian American in the IL Senate.
- Filed bills on reducing taxes, corruption, and fair maps.
- Refused State pension and health insurance
- Donated Trustee salary to food pantries and organizations across the district