Milton Township General Assistance
Assistant programs provided by Milton Township include:
- General Assistance is a state-mandated program for those residents who do not fit into categories administered by Social Security or the Department of Human Services.
- It provides a monthly grant to any single adult with no income who is seeking employment or a determination regarding disability benefits.
- This is an ongoing grant program with Work Program requirements. Our caseworkers are able to further discuss specific program criteria.
Emergency assistance is for those residents who meet our income guideline and are struggling to pay rent, mortgage, or have a disconnect notice for gas, electric, or water.
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) applications are taken during the heating season by appointment only.
- Food Pantry and Food Recovery Program assistance is available to Milton Township residents that meet income guidelines set forth by the state. Please visit our Food Pantry page for more information.
- The assistance office also organizes an Adopt-A-Family program for low-income families during the holiday season for new residents of our food pantry in the current year.
- If your family is not able to be adopted, the Toys for Tots program is available for Milton Township residents.
- For more details, please call Milton Township at (630) 668-1616, and ask to speak with a caseworker.
Carol Stream Outreach: www.outreachcommunityministries.org/occ
Catholic Charities: https://catholiccharitiesjoliet.org/
C.R.I.S. – Community Resource Information System: www.dupagecris.org
Department of Human Services: www.dhs.state.il.us
DuPage County Human Services: www.dupageco.org
Glen Ellyn Walk-In Ministry: www.gefumc.org
Neighborhood Food Pantry (formerly Feeding NW DuPage): www.neighborhoodfp.org
Open Door: www.dupagefederation.org
Peoples Resource Center: www.peoplesrc.org
Wheaton Youth Outreach: www.outreachcommunityministries.org/wyo